[HECnet] anfdump (was: MIM?)

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Tue Oct 30 12:50:22 PDT 2018

> On Oct 30, 2018, at 6:43 AM, Jeffrey H. Johnson <jhj at trnsz.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for this.
>
> I'm going to have to track down a bug in the Linux-derived code being used to connect Multics (which Johnny Billquist says is present in Linux as well), and hopefully this will make that task much easier — if I can catch it while it's happening, because I've not been able to trigger it myself yet.
>
> --
> Jeffrey H. Johnson
> jhj at trnsz.com
> https://ban.ai/multics

How is your connection speed when connecting to ban.ai locally?  I was using ban.ai to test an emacs issue I found last week, and had to resort to connecting over the internet.

BTW, the issue I found is that the iOS version of SecureCRT can’t use the apostrophe or double-quotes key when in emacs on Multics.  The key works as expected from the command-line.  This is true with both the iOS on-screen keyboard, and an external Apple Magic keyboard.  From the Mac version of SecureCRT, the same is true for the apostrophe, however, the double-quote character works.  I’m not sure if this is an issue with SecureCRT, emacs, or the DPS-8 emulator.

SecureCRT as a whole works great with OpenVMS, which is why I’ve purchased a copy for both my Mac and iOS.

Zane