[HECnet] anfdump

Jeffrey H. Johnson jhj at trnsz.com
Wed Oct 31 11:01:30 PDT 2018

> On Oct 31, 2018, at 11:50 AM, John Forecast <john at forecast.name> wrote:
>
> I’ve made a number of bug fixes to the Linux DECnet dnlogin program. These were found trying to login to TOPS-10 but it’s quite possible that they could be generated by logging in to other operating systems depending on the usage (e.g. timing out read requests was totally broken and generated a message that TOPS-10 was not expecting). I have no idea if this is related to the problem you are seeing but it may be worth a try. My version of the code is available on Erik Olofsen’s site (http://rullf2.xs4all.nl/decnet/) as version 2.68 (this version also includes a number of fixes to the DAP utilities).
>
>   John.

Wow, thanks - I'll merge this for sure, but, unfortunately, the problem is probably in the part of the code from the kernel part ... it continues sending packets to a node that has disappeared - Restarting the FNP fixes the issue, but I've yet have it happen when I'm in a position to analyze it and make a dump, and I haven't been able to trigger it myself yet.

I'm using the utilities based on release 2.62 currently.

--Jeff