[HECnet] Multics online as node 1.770 (BANAI)

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Thu Sep 6 13:41:49 PDT 2018

Very cool!  I just got my Multics system up and running this last Sunday.  I was a systems analyst on DPS-8 mainframes running GCOS-8 from ’90-93.  I’ve come to the conclusion that not only is that knowledge all evaporated from my head, it also wouldn’t really help with Multics. :-)

How on earth did you manage to hook Multics up to HECnet?

I connected as a guest, am I correct that you have a bunch of Multics software that’s not available as part of the standard build?

Zane