[HECnet] Multics online as node 1.770 (BANAI)

Jeffrey H. Johnson jhj at trnsz.com
Fri Sep 7 22:19:19 PDT 2018

I had a brief conversation with James Wilcoxson (of the PR1ME Series 50 / PRIMOS emulation fame) who mentioned he would be willing to implement X.25 connectivity for PRIMOS ... if he had someone someone else to talk to ... he's using simulation PR1ME Ringnet currently and has his various emulated PR1ME systems networking with that white nicely.

I seem to remember that a major X.25 player used PRIMOS as the backbone of their network.  Which PDN was that?

And, yes, I've used Dynamips X.25 quite extensively over a series of back to back interconnected links, using the Cisco "x25" encapsulation over emulated serial links. I wish there was better documentation as to the lower levels of the encapsulation modes used by IOS.

What is your relationship with Tymnet, Mark?  Are you at all familiar with the operation of TYMCOM/X?

--
Jeffrey H. Johnson
jhj at trnsz.com
https://ban.ai/multics