[HECnet] VAX diagnostics?

William Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 09:13:44 PDT 2018

Diags didn't ship with VMS.  They were DEC proprietary and wiped when a customer was off DEC maintenance.

The tape was called Vaxpax and at the 8650 VMS 4.2 time frame they needed compatibility mode to run.  I left DEC in '86 and the third party TRW diags were not as impressive.  Alliant and Masscomp built similar diag supervisors which were better than stuff I saw on machines like Concurrent/Perkin-Elmer boxes... XXDP/DEC 11 was better than their diags.

Bill
⁣Sent from BlueMail ​