[HECnet] Minimal Requirements

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Thu Apr 4 04:53:44 PDT 2019

On 4/4/19 6:12 AM, Keith Halewood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty sure that a TCP listen doesn't care who connects to it on VAX Multinet. UDP is a different matter.
> For example, there's a listener device set up with a 1.1.1.1 address on DUNE here. PIVAX0 connects to it from a completely different address. I use access controls on the router to restrict just who is allowed to connect to it.
>
> If you want I can set up another incoming line/circuit and you can connect to it. I'm in area 29 FYI.

I have listeners waiting on 0.0.0.0. Yes, MULTINET does not seem to care
what address connections come in from. For example:

$ multinet set /decnet /remote=0.0.0.0 /port=60005 /device=tcpa6:
/tcp=listen /buffers=24

Watching this thread with interest, I would like to know too if dynamic
IP clients work transparently with MULTINET/VMS.

Supratim

> Keith

Sent from a Compaq CQ61 running Linux Mint Tessa
-
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no gal to make you smile
Don't worry, be happy