[HECnet] RSX FTP Performance Doubled!!

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Wed Aug 28 04:32:00 PDT 2019

Johnny,
    Congrats on the latest update to your TCP/IP package!!

    PROGRESS.DOC mentioned that FTP performance nearly doubles and I can confirm that is the case for me.

    I transferred you TCP/IP tape image from my 11/93 to a local PiDP-11 and saw the transfer rate over the course of the FTP transfer run 88.2 KB/sec!!

    A similar transfer in the past ran 40-45 KB/sec. I’d love to know what you did to double performance like that. I do have a M7516-YM DELQA-T in that 11/93 does that help?

Thanks!
Mark