[HECnet] Some SIMH weirdness on Raspbian

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Sat Dec 7 10:45:43 PST 2019

Hi Keith,

I'm glad you're exploring all the various combination of port specifications and the fact that each combination actually works.  That was my goal when I added the IPv6 support.

The point of the effort was to allow the user to achieve maximum flexibility while at the same time managing a single listening socket that could be used for either IPv4 and/or IPv6 connectivity.  The encapsulation model allows for support for both protocol types with a single listening socket that passes the problem of the protocol details to the host system network stack where it belongs.

- Mark