[HECnet] DECnet Phase-V usage within HECnet

Hans Vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Mon Feb 18 09:34:42 PST 2019

Steve
Three VAX/VMS systems run phase V:
One Vaxstation 4000-90A with 32 MB memory on V7.3
Two Vaxstations 4000-60 with 24 resp 16 MB both run V7.2
No performance issues noted. The only reason to run phase V on them is for my ncl skills (what is left that is).
Around 1995 all systems at Fuji Tilburg ran phase V, approx. 100 VAX and early AXP systems. We were sent on a course and at the time I found ncl very detailed, gave lots of information not available with NCP and, because of the course, easy to understand and use.

Today I can still recall NCP without consulting a manual or built in help. That does not apply for ncl :)

Hans
PS
Two AlphaServer 800s run Tru64 hence phase V, but that

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone