[HECnet] Anonymous FAL (Tops-20)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jul 4 11:37:30 PDT 2019

NETACP in RSX (and I suspect VMS) is just the process/program that
implements a lot of the DECnet protocols. It is actually pretty much not
related to anything here.

At least in RSX, the NICE protocol is handled by a separate task called
NICE.TSK.

And when you run NCP under RSX, it pretty much talks to NICE for any
operations requested, also for the local node.

I know that this is very different from how things work under TOPS-20.
There are no handling of objects from NCP using NICE in TOPS-20, and
there is no permanent database (as far as I know), compared to RSX or VMS.

   Johnny