[HECnet] Windows 10 DECnet?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jul 14 23:35:39 PDT 2019

As far as I know, the last (sortof) supported DECnet on Windows were for
XP. Anything beyond works if you're lucky, but I would assume you're
mostly lost by now.

CTERM would definitely be more effort than LAT, and probably also less
good. LAT has a better model.

My experience with latd in Linux is that it sucks. It sortof works if
you are lucky, but there are problems in it, which makes it undesirable
to use with RSX at least.

And if you have DECnet on Windows, why would you use Kermit? FAL works
fine for me with XP. I can just browse the files of my RSX system from
Windows, and copy them across, both ways...

   Johnny