[HECnet] Decnet on RSX-11

Kurt Hamm kurt at hamm.me
Sat Jun 8 08:04:26 PDT 2019

Well, this was really good information.  Mark, the walk-through was
extremely helpful.  I feel like I am almost there.

There is something I am missing related to the final step. I added this
line to the end of startup.cmd: @LB:[IPNET]INS.CMD.  Not sure if that is
the correct way to call that CMD file.

I am not exactly sure about the content changes especially the ports:
MNC SET CIR IP-0-0 TCA HOST 192.168.1.49:7705 PORT 0
NCP SET CIR IP-0-0 STA ON

When I run [ipnet]ins.cmd:
>@LB:[IPNET]INS.CMD
>INS LB:[IPNET]MLTCOM/UIC=[1,54]/PRO=[RW,RW,,]
>INS LB:[IPNET]MLTNET
>INS LB:[IPNET]MLTCFG
>NCP SET PROC IP TOP
NTL -- IP Symbol Table File -- Open Failure (-26.)
NTL -- LB:[5,54]IP.STB
NCP -- Set failed, operation failure
       Network Loader function failed
>NCP SET LIN IP-0-* ALL
NTL -- IP Symbol Table File -- Open Failure (-26.)
NTL -- LB:[5,54]IP.STB
NCP -- Line IP-0-0, Set failed, operation failure
       Network Loader function failed
NTL -- IP Symbol Table File -- Open Failure (-26.)
NTL -- LB:[5,54]IP.STB
NCP -- Line IP-0-1, Set failed, operation failure
       Network Loader function failed
>MNC SHO VER
Initialize common
NT.IP  not loaded. Please load before running this tool.
>MNC SET CIR IP-0-0 TCA HOST 192.168.1.49:7705 PORT 0
Initialize common
NT.IP  not loaded. Please load before running this tool.
>NCP SET CIR IP-0-0 STA ON
NCP -- Set failed, component in wrong state, Line