[HECnet] GRE Peering

Tomas Prybil tomas at prybil.se
Fri May 10 10:30:54 PDT 2019

Thank you for all replies.
I've got area 33 as my own from Johnny so thats where hosts are
going til live when things are setup.

My ip is dynamic, but I've only got one change in a year. Hopefully I
will be able to change to static, but right now my isp only provides
dynamic. Changes are monitored and dynamically updates a dyndns
record.

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 10:57:26AM -0600, Mark Berryman wrote:
> GRE tunnels can be built if one end is dynamic as long as your router supports multipoint GRE (mGRE).  Check and see if your router supports the command “tunnel mode gre multipoint” and that your tunnel supports commands that start with “ip nhrp “.  If so, then we should be able to set something up.
>
> Mark Berryman
Yes it support both commands. It looks like that functionality was
introduced in 12.2

/t