[HECnet] GRE Peering

Mark Berryman mark at theberrymans.com
Sat May 11 10:39:47 PDT 2019

Ok, I am set up on my end.  Anyone that wants to connect this way should set their tunnel up as follows:

interface TunnelXX	! Whatever tunnel number you want to use
 description DECnet mGRE tunnel
 bandwidth nn   ! Use a bandwidth value appropriate to your Internet connection
 ip address 169.254.0.y 255.255.255.0    ! Where y = your DECnet area number
 no ip redirects
 ip mtu 1476
 ip nhrp authentication HECnet!z
 ip nhrp map multicast dynamic
 ip nhrp map 169.254.0.27 70.89.171.10
 ip nhrp map multicast 70.89.171.10
 ip nhrp network-id 27
 ip nhrp holdtime 3600
 ip nhrp nhs 169.254.0.27
 ip nhrp registration no-unique
 ip tcp adjust-mss 1360
 decnet cost 4   ! Or whatever cost you feel is appropriate
 tunnel source <your internet-facing interface>
 tunnel mode gre multipoint
 tunnel key 99
end

You can test that the tunnel is up by attempting to ping 169.254.0.27 from your router.

Mark Berryman