[HECnet] Altavista source

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Sun Nov 10 09:53:18 PST 2019

On Nov 10, 2019, at 12:49 PM, Dennis Boone <drb at msu.edu> wrote:

>> What did the binary distribution run on?
>
> IIRC when we got it at the more-or-less product stage, it could run on a
> few things, but since they were supporting the project, they wanted us
> to run it on a DEC product.  We bought an AlphaStation 600.

Ok - so Alpha & OSF/1 was the platform. Did you guys really make 3c per click? What was considered a Altavista branded service?

Those Web sites that choose to participate inAltaVista's Affiliate Network will receive three cents per click-through when their users access AltaVista branded services. - slashdot