[HECnet] Getting openvms going

Ray Jewhurst raywjewhurst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 12:33:41 PST 2019

I checked my email and this is what it says:

An alternate way people get files onto their server or emulated server is
to either create your own iso
   image file with the files you want to transfer.  If you do this, there
is a good chance the OpenVMS file
   attributes will be lost on your Windows (or Linux) system.  To
compensate for this, copy the files onto
   your OpenVMS disk (from the iso) and set the attributes:
   bck:
   $ set file file.bck/attribute=(lrl:32256,rfm:fix)
   sav:
   $ set file file.sav/attribute=(lrl:32256,rfm:fix)
   pcsi:
   $ set file file.pcsi/attribute=(lrl:8192,rfm:fix,rat:none)
   txt:
   $ set file file.txt/attribute=(rfm:STM) or (rfm:STMLF)