[HECnet] Getting openvms going

Bill Cunningham bill.cu at suddenlink.net
Thu Nov 14 05:32:04 PST 2019

On 11/14/2019 12:14 AM, Mark Pizzolato wrote:

>>> What do you mean by "slower".  Slower by a second  or so to get to an
>>> initial sim> prompt, or slower to execute instructions?
>>>
>>> - Mark
>> Running on linux starting it up all kinds of printing binary you are running.
> What does "printing binary" mean?

"You'll now notice that later attach operations of
VMS (and most other OS disk images) will announce the disk label
and it's file system size when you attach a disk that has a ODS1,
ODS2, RT11, Ultrix partition table, on it."

This is what I meant by "printing binary". This above is a quote from later in your message. I meant the binary, the compiled executable, now prints these things you mentioned. Printing "announcements" of the compiled binary executable, compiled in ELF in my case.

HTH

Bill