[HECnet] simh vax version

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Thu Nov 14 19:48:01 PST 2019

On Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 7:42 PM, Bill Cunningham wrote:
> Ok version number or "git commit id" On the version I am using is 178968a, the
> version I downloaded from the link you sent me is bdc677b7.
> They are indeed very different.

Well, git commit ids are merely a hash value.  There is nothing sequential about them.  178968a is from some 11 days ago and should certainly be more recent enough to perform the steps I outlined, so you shouldn't need to rebuild the simulator.

> > 	$ MOUNT/OVER=ID MUA0:
>      The above gives me a list of errors. The OS does not like it at all and IDK how
> to copy the errors to a file to post them. It wants
> _BUC$MUA0: . Not MUA0: at all.

2 things:

1) Don't expect later commands to be even slightly useful until AFTER you get the earlier commands working as expected (i.e. the proper ATT TQ -F ANSI-VMS command).

2) Either _BUC$MUA0: or simply MUA0: will work once you've gotten far enough along.  If it doesn't then please show us exactly what error messages you are receiving.

You seemed to suggest that you were working on a Linux environment, use cut and paste from the xterm session you are running under.  If that's not what you're using, then please explain exactly what's going on.  Since you don't seem to be that familiar with working in this environment, how did you manage to get the license file from where you received the email to the environment you're running simh in?

- Mark