[HECnet] simh vax version

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Fri Nov 15 16:31:12 PST 2019

The makefile senses things about the host environment and then invokes the compile with indicators about what it finds (or doesn't find).  That output will be telling.

You might be able to gather that with something like 'make vax | tee make.output'

- Mark

On Nov 15, 2019 2:39 PM, Bill Cunningham <bill.cu at suddenlink.net> wrote:

On 11/15/2019 3:13 PM, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I have no idea what you are actually typing, but this is a session I
> just did on my Android phone (Linux):
>
> Note that the -v switch for tape attaches gets it to be verbose about
> what is going on under the covers.

> Tape Image made from 'sim*' scanned as ANSI-VMS
> format.
> contains 2181744 bytes of tape data (1245 record
> s, 94 tapemarks)

Humm. I  saw something like this. Do you need the exact word? Sure no
problem. But it was something like this, "scanned as simh file (or
format). contains 0 bytes of tape data 0 records 0 tapemarks. " And no
tape available.

Does that help? I can dig it right up, If I can remember how to do it,
lol. And I will.

Bill