[HECnet] Curious about DECnet/Python

Keith Halewood Keith.Halewood at pitbulluk.org
Fri Oct 11 03:20:26 PDT 2019

Some late night replacements and I’ve converted the TAP handling to use the /dev/net/tun arrangement of the tap/tun facilities of raspbian (buster).
So if you have an arrangement such as this in /etc/network/interfaces:

auto lo tap1 tap2 br0

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

iface tap1 inet manual
        pre-up ip tuntap add tap1 mode tap user simh

iface tap2 inet manual
        pre-up ip tuntap add tap2 mode tap user simh

iface br0 inet static
        bridge_ports eth0 tap1 tap2
        bridge_fd 0
        address ……
        netmask …….
        gateway …….

Then the pydecnet config line:

circuit tap-0 Ethernet tap:tap1 --random-address

will connect.

I’ll do some more testing.

Keith