[HECnet] HECnet map

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Apr 30 18:17:54 PDT 2020

> On Apr 30, 2020, at 8:57 PM, Thomas DeBellis <tommytimesharing at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That is excellent.
>
> Do we actually have some sort of communications with Ascension in the South Atlantic?  I'm a big fan of Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha.  The bird life is fascinating.
>
> But I thought those nodes were actually in Russia or Kazakhstan.

There are nodes in Almaty, shown as such, and also in several places in Russia.

The south Atlantic spot is not Ascension but Inaccessible Island, in honor of the novel "Influx" by Daniel Suarez".  It's what I picked for the place holder for nodes with no location given.  It seemed more fun and also more easily visible than the typical default of lat/long 0,0.  No, we currently do not have any nodes that really are located on Inaccessible Island.

	paul