[HECnet] Hello from New Zealand

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 2 02:36:14 PDT 2020

It is the BA11-A, the power supply is the H7140 PSU. It is very heavy and extremely complicated (for me anyway). The problem occurred on the Bias and Interface board, but there could be problems elsewhere. When I first got it the machine ran but then just powered down. There was a fault on the B&I board which I repaired, but I must have done something wrong as then there was a bit of a bang. I have since repaired it further but the timer on the B&I board never runs at the required frequency (if I remember correctly).

I have sat on this for so long that I think my only hope is really to get someone more knowledgeable than me to look at it. I should perhaps have another look before considering shipping it across the pond, but if you really think you have the time and inclination, I would certainly consider sending it to you.

Thanks

Rob