[HECnet] SIMH VAX config changes

Boyanich, Alastair Alastair.Boyanich at au.fujitsu.com
Sun Aug 2 18:49:04 PDT 2020

Hi Paul,

Thanks. Few emails on it. Tim Sneddon actually piped up with a similar round-up. I obviously had the wrong impression that the formal releases were the way to go given my experience as a developer rather than the “hold my beer and watch this” ..check out from the trunk. *Chuckle* Okay. Well I’ve tried the trunk and it sort of works. I suspect the issue now (separate one) is with my hardware. For some reason the dedicated USB Ethernet adapter drops the odd packet or six..

%ping 10.0.0.100
^C
--- 10.0.0.100 ping statistics ---
47 packets transmitted, 4 received, 91% packet loss, time 47010ms
%

At least ‘some’ data is flowing. :>

Al.