[HECnet] HECnet mapper -- request to backbone node operators

David Moylan djm at wiz.net.au
Sun Aug 16 18:39:47 PDT 2020

>  I have a whole yaml file for logging, which is mostly taken verbatim from Paul’s example.  I get tons of logged events – starting circuits, starting datalinks, nodes up, areas up, routers >discovered, etc.  It doesn’t seem like it’s changed with this release.  You might try that.

ok so you got me curious about this and i worked it out. i'm not using any of the yaml/json config files for logging, so the default logging goes to the console.

by adding "logging console" to the config i get all the events as expected into my log file as specified on the startup command line.

but i have one query for paul:

is it valid to have both "logging monitor" and the "logging console" enabled together in the configuration file?

i want to make sure that i'm pushing data to your sink-node and that by enabling "logging console" i'm not reverting/overriding that part of the config.

otherwise i need to implement this other logging config.

cheers, Wiz!!