[HECnet] Configuring py-decnet.

Keith Halewood Keith.Halewood at pitbulluk.org
Sat Aug 22 13:03:07 PDT 2020

The quick and dirty patch:

Add the following to the top of ethernet.py:

TUNSETIFF = 0x400454ca
TUNSETOWNER = TUNSETIFF + 2
IFF_TUN = 0x0001
IFF_TAP = 0x0002
IFF_NO_PI = 0x1000

Modify the top half of _TapEth class as:

if fcntl:
    class _TapEth (_Ethernet):
        def open (self):
            fd = os.open('/dev/net/tun', os.O_RDWR | os.O_NONBLOCK)
            ifr = struct.pack('16sH', self.dev.encode('utf-8'), IFF_TAP | IFF_NO_PI)
            ioctl(fd, TUNSETIFF, ifr)
            self.tap = fd
            self.sellist = ( fd, )
            # Turn the interface on -- needed only on Mac OS

Keith