[HECnet] Configuring py-decnet.

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:19:16 PDT 2020

Yeah, that's what I found out, too.

On Tops-20, the CTERM client is called CTERM-SERVER (don't ask) whereas
the NRT client is called SETHOST.  SETHOST is /quite/ old and I had been
hacking it for efficiency and fixing a few bugs.

It now has an alternate debugging entry to try to force Tops-20 NRT
(which will also work on Tops-10) and ignore the remote node type until
it can't proceed any further.  Here are the results from my own tests;
they indicate that a CTERM (server) object does not exist on ELVIRA.
I'm not sure, but I had thought that CTERM had not been done on RSTS/E.

!cterm-sERVER.EXE.2 elvira

[Attempting a connection,
_CTERM Connect failed - Destination process does not exist_
!g ds:sethost
!ree
Escape character(^Y):
Host name: ELVIRA::
[Connecting to remote host: ELVIRA]
_?RSTS/E type systems do not support Tops-20 NRT communications._