[HECnet] Configuring py-decnet --> patches

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:50:14 PDT 2020

Only some of them don't show up?  Boy, that sure would drive me nutz!

I have a batch job which fires up weekly and pulls down FIX.T20 from
MIM.  If a connection can't be made, then it whines and tries again
after a while.  The file is downloaded and changes are documented with a
file comparison (FILCOM).  It is then converted into an internal format
by SETNOD and loaded into the monitor

A planned future enhancement is to compute the set difference; that is,
remove nodes from the monitor database which are no longer defined.  I
had stumbled over what appears to be undocumented way to do this while
implementing other functionality; but it needs application logic to do
the set difference.