[HECnet] JNET

jy at xtra.co.nz jy at xtra.co.nz
Wed Aug 26 21:06:37 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I'm working on a connection from an OpenVMS 7.3 emulation currently running DECnet and MultiNet, to the HNET using JNET 3.6.

I'm stuck with the following after starting JNET:

$ @JAN_DEVICE:[JANCOMMON.SYS]JANSTART
%JCP-I-CREATE, Creating new Jnet database of 159 pages
$
%%%%%%%%%%% OPCOM 27-AUG-2020 15:52:14.00 %%%%%%%%%%%
Message from user SYSTEM on GLOVER
Jnet status message from link NZVAX001
Unexpected Jnet daemon termination for link: Unknown:
%RMS-E-FNF, file not found

And JNET isn't attempting to open a TCP connect to the HNET peer.  The JENT install went OK and I've carefully cross checked my config files with Supratim who has been very helpful.

I appreciate this is a bit off topic for this reflector so if anyone has experience with JNET and time to help, I'd appreciate a contact off list.  My email is jy at xtra.co.nz mailto:jy at xtra.co.nz

Thanks, John