[HECnet] Bridge

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Feb 9 04:52:44 PST 2020

I just wanted to alert people that I rewrote parts of the bridge code
recently.

The code was very old, and it started to have problems on some platforms
because of the very ancient way it made use of the pcap library. So I
finally bit the bullet and rewrote it to make use of the pcap library it
is supposed to be used these days. This not only removed some
bugs/issues, but it also allowed me to remove some conditional code for
different OSes.

In addition I also introduced some other changes that others have
contributed, making it hopefully a little nicer to use.

The bridge tarball can be found on:
http://mim.update.uu.se/hecnet

or

http://psilo.update.uu.se/~bqt/hecnet