[HECnet] SIMH experience?

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Mon Feb 24 15:44:16 PST 2020

On Feb 24, 2020, at 1:28 PM, Fred <fcoffey at misernet.net> wrote:

> My area router, FRUGAL, boots fine and gets adjacency with my Multinet-over-IP connections, that is, LEGATO, MIM, and 31.3:: as well as other DECNet hosts (MISER, CHEAP)
>
> However, the connection from FRUGAL "flaps" (going up and down) quite a bit with local DECNet hosts as well as the ip-connection to 31.3::

Are you sure that the problem is on your end?  PDXVAX is my area router, it’s also the only physical system I have online at this time (a VAXstation 4000/60).  I have quite a bit of flapping.  I’m using Johnny’s bridge software on an OpenBSD system.  I figure part of the problem is the distance.

Zane