[HECnet] SIMH experience?

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Mon Feb 24 23:03:57 PST 2020

On 2/25/20 1:28 AM, David Moylan wrote:
> I know we've all said it before, but kudos again to Paul for one of the
> most useful pieces of networking code.

Cannot be said enough times! Thanks to Paul, all of my GRE mesh links
AND MULTINET mesh links are on instances of DECnet/Python (rev 486 -
rock solid).

BTW I can easily support any area owners who want to migrate away from
Johnny's bridge to MULTINET/TCP or GRE and is not on Area 1. It wouldn't
take more than a half-hour for people on this list to download and
configure DECnet/Python as a direct replacement for Johnny's bridge (or
a dynamips/real CISCO switch or a MULTINET link running on a VAX/PDP -
no hobbyist license is needed for DECnet/Python!).

--

Supratim Sanyal, W1XMT
39.19151 N, 77.23432 W