[HECnet] SIMH experience?

Keith Halewood Keith.Halewood at pitbulluk.org
Tue Feb 25 02:22:09 PST 2020

All the negative comments I’ve seen about Multinet...

I’ve never had a problem with it, connecting nodes across the Internet via TCP. The only dislike I have is it’s half-baked attempt at providing a $QIO interface for I/O (I’m comparing it to CMUTEK TCPIP of fond memory)

Nowadays, thanks to pydecnet, the DECnet over Internet part of my setup is handled by that and the rest is Ethernet (mixture of real, tap and ether to bridge devices). One day I’ll get around to GRE.... perhaps when I get my first real Alpha box

Keith