[HECnet] SIMH experience?

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Tue Feb 25 04:54:27 PST 2020

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020, Robert Armstrong wrote:

>  FWIW, I think the "flapping" is a Multinet problem.  I have no problems
> with simh and DECnet connections over the local Ethernet.

I'm not doubting you, but I'm not sure about that.

Even the connection from FRUGAL and MISER flap with the circuit to 31.3::
turned off.  That's just DECNET to my knowledge.

For the record, the circuits to LEGATO and MIM do not flap.  It's very
odd.

Upgrading SIMH was on my consideration list.   I may try this.

Thanks everyone for the tips so far.

Supratim: I do not have SIMH nice'd down - just have CPU idle set.   Not
to be "that guy" (I hate it when users do this, so I hesistate to say
this) but on my other host system (probably running an even older version
of SIMH) it did not flap this badly.

(more messages to wade through ....)

Fred