[HECnet] Multinet alternatives ...

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue Feb 25 06:42:23 PST 2020

   What are the alternatives for bridging DECnet systems across the Internet
that don't require any special hardware and can be self hosted on
OpenVMS/VAX?

  I'm aware of Paul's Python router, but I didn't think it ran on a VAX.  Am
I wrong about that?  Is there a Python for OpenVMS/VAX?  I believe there's a
port for AXP but I didn't know about one for VAX.

  And I saw Rob mentioned his user mode DECnet router.  Same questions -
what environment does that require?   And I saw mention it being both
Multinet and simh DDCMp compatible - will it talk to a simh KS10/TOPS10/DMR
?

Bob