[HECnet] Multinet alternatives ...

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Wed Feb 26 12:44:07 PST 2020

> Thomas DeBellis [tommytimesharing at gmail.com] wrote:
>Otherwise, personally, I think it would be a cool idea for SIMH to have
>full support for DTE's ...

  That's the problem - the KS never had DTEs, not even close, and simh only emulates a KS10.  The only way out is to emulate a KL, and that's a big job.  KLH10 already does that pretty well, and I don't think simh will ever acquire KL emulation.

  The other issue with the KS was that it was limited to two sections (512KW) of memory, and that's pretty much a show stopper for all later versions of TOPS20.

  It runs TOPS10 fairly well, though.

Bob