[HECnet] Hans Vlems...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Feb 28 16:47:57 PST 2020

On 2020-02-28 11:11, Supratim Sanyal wrote:
> Jeez. That would be "the other Johnny". I often use the DECnet dump tool
> he wrote (anfdump) and will always have fond memories of interactions we
> have had.

Correct. That would be "the other Johnny".
I always felt very embarrassed about him signing his mails that way.
We knew each other from a long time ago. He was a few years older than
me, and we were both at a computer club at the Royal Institute of
Technology in Stockholm. And I was just a newbie there, while he was
very much in the inner circle of things.
So I always considered him to have been around since before me, and that
made it funny to think of me as the "reference" and him as "the other one".

His nickname was bygg, and he several tools and people found useful. All
with the aim of propagating more Tops-10 on the world. :-)

> Same for Hans. He used to go out of his way to retrieve and digitize
> arcane pieces of software only he seemed to have physical media of.
> Again fond memories of email exchanges.
>
> May their souls rest in peace.

Indeed.

   Johnny (one of us)