[HECnet] Re: [PiDP-11] Announcing TCP/IP for RSX-11M-PLUS

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Sat Jan 4 20:52:29 PST 2020

Johnny,
    Thanks for the new release of TCP/IP for RSX11M+! (And Happy New Year!)

     I’ve installed it on a couple systems so far, one a real PDP-11/93 and a PiDP-11/70. Following your instructions everything went smooth.
The only thing I ran into was that my [1,2]STARTUP.CMD calls another INSPROG.CMD from which IPINS.CMD and IPAPPL.CMD get called
and at some point Indirect nested too far. Using .CHAIN instead of @ from the STARTUP.CMD fixed that. Other than setting the SYS$UTC_OFFSET
for my timezone those were the only issues I had to change.

   The new IPCONFIG approach would make setting up a new system very easy!

  Thanks again for all the great work!

Mark