[HECnet] Verizon Security! Fwd: Security notice

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Thu Jul 30 13:56:50 PDT 2020

> On Jul 30, 2020, at 11:15 AM, Supratim Sanyal <supratim at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Verizon is tightening the screw. I think I will give up now. It was explained to me over a telephone call to their security department that I cannot have any of the following ports open at home.
> 80
>
> 81
>
> 554
>
> 8xxx
>
> 9xxx

I assume/hope you have a “Home” rather than a “Business” connection?  When I moved to FIOS, we were still Verizon here, this is one of the reasons I went with a commercial Line.  Verizon sold out to Frontier, who have now just sold out to Ziply.  I run part of my commercial Photography website out of my garage.

Zane