[HECnet] Verizon Security! Fwd: Security notice

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jul 30 14:12:23 PDT 2020

Just as a short comment on this (not really helping much, as brain dead
ISPs can't really be helped in any way).

If someone is running an RSX system facing the world, even doing things
like DDOS using SYNs with fake source address will be detected by BQTCP,
and they will be blocked after a few packets. So RSX systems on the
internet in general are not much useful for such abusers.

Mim and Magica are constantly blocking various destinations because of
various abusive patterns.

On Magica, right now, the block list looks like this:

.ifc sho fil
SPOOF filter active. Receiving task is SPOOF
Filter table:
IP                                                 Match count
024-183-202-208.res.spectrum.com                   441
52.224.95.217                                      43
dsl-dhcp-katytxxchrc-64-92-46-200.consolidated.    552
ca-east.vpn.courvix.com                            76
HoneyPot.alexavpn.com                              9
clbaon0201w-grc-13-70-27-59-151.dsl.bell.ca        48
5ad2fc30.bb.sky.com                                306
93.186.198.189                                     14
76.206.16.185.baremetal.zare.com                   38
switchess.cc                                       20
193.33.87.214                                      117
194.180.224.112                                    19

The last week or so, Magica have been hammered pretty hard all the time,
and have blocked/dropped about 450.000 packets.

Mim is currently not being hit that much, but have been before.

   Johnny