[HECnet] DECnet for Linux Bug Fixes

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Jun 30 12:44:51 PDT 2020

> On Jun 30, 2020, at 2:59 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

> As far as lines goes, yes, there is not too much information available on them.
>
> From RSX to a VMS node, compared to another RSX node:
>
> .ncp tell frost sho line qna-0 cha
>
> Line characteristics as of 30-JUN-20 20:54:43
>
> Line = QNA-0
>
>   Receive buffers = 10, Controller = Normal
>   Protocol = ETHERNET
>   Service timer = 4000
>   Hardware address = AA-00-04-00-FF-63
>   Buffer size = 1498
>
> .ncp tell jocke sho lin una-0 cha
>
> Line characteristics as of 30-JUN-20 20:55:00
>
> Line = UNA-0
>
>   Controller = Normal
>   Counter timer = Off
>   Protocol = ETHERNET
>   Hardware address = AA-00-04-00-15-04
>   Controller CSR = 174510, Vector = 120
>   Priority = 5
>
> .
>

> Do people care about this information? Maybe not.

It depends.  On RSTS there are some line characteristics that don't belong there (left over from the old days when circuit didn't exist yet) but also one or two that do.  In particular, DDCMP lines have a "receive buffers" parameter that lets you tune how many buffers are given to that device.  That's one of the few parameters that matters.  Oh yes, "verification" which should be a circuit parameter is a line parameter instead, I'm not sure why.

	paul