[HECnet] Intermittent Connection with PyDECnet?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Mar 1 21:34:04 PST 2020

No, I'm not complaining about intermittent connectivity with PyDECnet; I'm asking if it's possible!

I don't have persistent Internet connectivity or a fixed IP address at my just-barely-rural home. When my home network is connected to the Internet, it's tethered over my cell phone. And even then, my cell service is spotty. I could possibly resume using a separate hotspot at home rather than my regular cell phone, but even when I was doing that, my connectivity wasn't great. Cell service in my neighborhood isn't very good via either AT&T or Verizon, and wired connectivity is not available.

Would any of the DECnet routing mechanisms supported by PyDECnet possibly be suitable for intermittent connection of my home network, with a small number of DECnet nodes, to HECnet? Or am I just going to have to remain a HECnet spectator until I manage to obtain better Internet connectivity?

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/