[HECnet] Intermittent Connection with PyDECnet?

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:41:18 PST 2020

I really wouldn't worry about the computational overhead.  What's
significant is the initial negotiation because that is using asymmetric
encryption, which is a dog.  That happens once.

Once the tunnel is set up, you are talking symmetric encryption,
probably AES.  AES is implemented in many general chips these days, but
even if you don't have it there, with a gigahertz processor, you'd
probably be hard put to it to measure the difference as the algorithm is
whaay more efficient that 3DES.