[HECnet] DECNet for Dummies?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Mar 2 14:51:16 PST 2020

On 2020-03-02 23:07, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>    How about this -
>

> http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/vax/vms/5.0/AA-LA47A-TE_5.0_Guide
> _to_DECnet-VAX_Networking_Apr88.pdf
>
> It's for VMS users, but a) VMS is frankly the majority of the nodes, and b)
> many of the ideas are the same across all systems anyway.

Another would be:
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/decnet/EB26013-42_Digital_Networks_An_Architecture_With_A_Future_1984.pdf

A little much blurb maybe, but it also contains a lot of information.

There are also specific manuals also for RSX as well as RSTS/E and
Tops-10 and TOPS-20. And I bet for other systems as well...