[HECnet] KLH-10 TOPS-10 DECnet Executor Configuration Persistence

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 17:54:09 PDT 2020

> On Mar 10, 2020, at 8:50 PM, Supratim Sanyal <supratim at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> KLH-10 TOPS-10 noob questions:
>
> 2) At the monitor dot prompt, I can login as 1,2 and R OPR and then ENTER NCP etc. What exactly does the SET EXECUTOR NODE xx.yyy do?

That looks like a standard NCP command that is supported across operating systems.  It means to create a connection to a remote NML so subsequent commands are executed there rather than locally.  It's like the "TELL xx.yyy" prefix except that it applies to all the commands that follow (until revoked or program exit) rather than just for one command.

	paul