[HECnet] KLH-10 TOPS-10 DECnet Executor Configuration Persistence

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:01:11 PDT 2020

_CON_ditions _O_ut; it's a PDP-10 I/O instruction. This is what
communicates with the Idler device that you put at address 700.

At a very high level, PDP-10 is split into two halfs, instructions for
'conditioning' the device and reading its condition (or status bits) and
instructions for performing I/O. On the 80x86 platform, IN and OUT are
used, with status registers being at different addresses then data
registers.

Note: I have ignored DMA, block transfers and PI.

The Idler will actually handle data transfers, but that is another story.