[HECnet] DDCMP over serial lines in RSTS V10.1

Tim Sneddon tim at sneddon.id.au
Fri Mar 13 01:17:00 PDT 2020

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 9:45 PM Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> wrote:

> I thought that I had sent a message to the list a few months ago showing
the procedure to use the software DDCMP driver in RSTS V10.1.  That's a
standard feature, but undocumented and probably unsupported.  It works well
and interoperates with PyDECnet and with the DDCMP implementation in SIMH.
Presumably it will talk to the software DDCMP in RSX, though I have not
tried that.

> Attached are the instructions and the program mentioned.

>From the first line of async-rsts.txt:

=======
Software DDCMP in RSTS/E V10

NODVR, a software DDCMP driver was written for V9.6 as part of PRO
support (an unreleased and unsanctioned effort).
=======

Does this mean that there is support for running RSTS on a PRO desktop?
Time to rummage through the source...

Regards, Tim.