[HECnet] RSX or RSTS

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Mar 21 10:17:45 PDT 2020

On March 21, 2020 11:12:07 AM "Robert Armstrong" <bob at jfcl.com> wrote:
>> Mark Matlock <mark at matlockfamily.com> wrote:
>> just build up your installion on Simh and transfer the disk image
>
>   It's a good idea, and that's pretty much what I had in mind (although without the SD card).  The RA73 drives I can easily hook up to a VAX, and then I can just FTP the simh disk image over there, write the RA73 image with VMS, and then boot the PDP11.  I've done this with XXDP and RT11 images on smaller disks (RD54 or RL02s) before, and it works fine.

  We do this all the time at LSSM. There's a MicroVAX-3 in the back private area that has a KDA50 in it, and we have a REALLY LONG cable that we can pull to pretty much anywhere on the main exhibit floor where the minis are.  That machine also has an RLV12 and an RL02 for imaging those packs, in either direction.