[HECnet] DECnet-RT?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Thu Mar 26 18:42:14 PDT 2020

>IIRC, it's only Phase II, I know it doesn't support Ethernet.

  DECnet-RT 1.0 was Phase II, but I remember seeing an SPD for DECnet-RT 2.1 and I'm pretty sure it was Phase III.  You're still stuck with a serial DDCMP connection, but at least it could interoperate with Phase IV nodes.

  But if nobody has a copy, it's moot.

>The TCP/IP package for RT-11 works very well.

  I've heard that, but it just seems wrong to use TCP/IP instead of DECnet somehow...

  Is the latest copy of the TCP/IP package this one?

	https://shop-pdp.net/rthtml/tcpip.php

Bob