[HECnet] DECnet-RT?

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:47:11 PDT 2020

Hello!
This is is spooky. We before Compaq glommed DEC, or even HP glomming
the Compaq that erupted after doing that, DEC and Apple threw an
amazing joint trade show here in Manhattan on the subject of
networking together the Mac family of machines and VAXen. They
remembered to name the machines, one VAX wore the name VAX Masterson.
And one vendor was Allen Bradley who had someone there promoting
factory level automation for both the VAX and the PDP-11.

I found out towards the end of the show that it was indeed a variety
of DECNet gluing everyone together.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com