[HECnet] VMS system with guest login

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu May 7 13:14:49 PDT 2020

> On May 7, 2020, at 3:08 PM, John Forecast <john at forecast.name> wrote:
>
>> BTW, how did you implement ACTIVE NODES (i.e. how did you determine which nodes are "active”)?
>>
> The above list looks very similar to what I have running. ACTIVE NODES for a nonrouting node is defined as all nodes at the other end of a logical link, adjacent nodes and the designated router.

I include the executor in active nodes, and that's generally what I've seen others do.  The spec does not say so, interestingly enough.  The spec is also confused because "adjacent nodes" isn't defined on non-routing nodes; the only adjacency they have is the designated router.  I'm assuming it wasn't the intent for this to show the "on-NI cache", I don't remember seeing anyone do that.

	paul